Bug fixes, AI improvements and some new features are abound in this release.
A new guarding technique that allows players to influence the direction they slide after guarding an attack. Normally, a Character will bounce away from the point of impact when hit in guard. With this technique, players are able to shift the inertia of the attack to push them in a more favorable direction. This is very helpful when trying to escape an enemy’s grasp while stuck in guard.
To perform this technique, hold the direction you want to slide after performing a Perfect Guard. Characters with lower traction naturally have greater slide distance. If you have trouble performing Perfect Guards, treat yourself to a Kona Mocha from the Victory Café.
A new option in Config allows you to set a hint for when an attack is ready.
When an attack is ready to use, an eyecatching blue border will appear around the attack icon. When the attack is in cooldown, it will lose its border. This may better help you see when your attack is ready to use.
Check the changelog below for a complete list of changes.
Enjoy Aeon Rivals? Please consider buying a Club Aeon membership - it directly supports the development and survival of this game.
- Cooldown Hint system; option added to Config menu. (Thanks, Crinkem)
- Guard Shift advanced technique.
- Lots of netcode rewrites, improving performance and accuracy for attacks and movement.
- Music toggle added to Config menu.
- Remote player’s guard effect stays active after guard break.
- Celestians gloat can desync depending on guard and/or buff status.
- Remote player’s Acolyte Beast hunger level desyncs after certain buffs.
- Remote player’s buff effects can be displayed incorrectly if hit by Celestian.
- Fullscreen checkbox sets incorrect size if active during screen resize.
- 4x greater chance to naturally recover from Terror. (Thanks, RolyPolyAllDay)
- Guard effect now shows for remote players.
- Guard damage modifier adjusted.
- Menu and Config options no longer force closes if hit by an enemy in battle.
- Acolyte Beast graphic alignment adjustments.
- Code cleanup and improvements.
- KeRobo’s gatling gun alignment adjustments.
- Dipsy4000 and subspecies pecking attack not properly updating host’s AI.
- Queltod AI improved.
- Visual cue added to Gechi’s Warp ability.