Getting a vinesauce streamer to play Aeon Rivals

Home Forums Suggestion Box Getting a vinesauce streamer to play Aeon Rivals

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SlycatSlycat
    Participant

Ive been thinking of ways to get the game out there, and i came up with a brilliant idea, A group of streamers who collectively call themselves vinesauce like to stream games and have a large following, now i feel as if PRIZZA talked to one of the streamers about it and offered maybe something like a free club Aeon membership so that they will be able to hold rooms might just be able to convince them to play, if one of the vinesauce crew does happen to stream. Aeon rivals will spread like a wild fire, it is a great game that is new and fresh that has creative concepts and also nobody knows about it. once a few people find out. it will just grow exponentially. Now, the chances of this actually happening are alot higher than you think, if one of them declines, there are 12 other streamers that are a part of the vinesauce crew that might accept, plus if you offer them a free club Aeon membership, it will make the chances much higher. I think that this is a great idea but Aeon Rivals as it is now isnt ready for it yet. Once PRIZZA revamps the engine, it should be easier to work torward some of the things it needs to acheive, such as rooms allowing 20 or so players at once, a mechanic that makes players work torward some type of acheivement to better themselves, such as levels or unlocks or ranks, etc and a little more content (super big, super hard bosses that take a whole lot of people to beat and are really strong), in fact you dont have to make all areas ~20 players, you just need to make all areas 10 and then make a new warp that has 1 or 2 of these huge bosses with 2 or 3 rooms each, and those rooms have a special ~20 player cap and you need about that many to beat it.

As well as a kind of matchmaking system of sorts that lets users send and manage in game friend requests that enable the player to pm or request to join the rooms of friended users

These things will help the game be ready for somebody like a streamer to play, this way we can get the game to spread and become huge

MetlmetaMetlmeta
    Keymaster

Excellent list, Slycat. I think the game would really benefit from a vinesauce or another popular streamer as well. I think the key is to make a good first impression.

The port I referred to earlier is on halt for now. It’s still a long way off from completion, as the server connection software I use doesn’t even support the newer engine anyways and I actually lose some functionality from the port. I’m pretty far along with the port but theres still so much extra work that the gains are simply not worth it at this point.

The good news is that I’ve updated some of the SDKs my game uses (internal engines and code), and my game engine has benefit from it in that regard. I still need to do some testing for how I can better streamline it for slower computers and laptops so it’ll be buttery smooth for all users!

20~ player rooms sound like they could be fun for some type of event like you described. The only issue is that it could become very disorienting having that many player’s running around and attacking, haha. I’m working on normalizing some of the current characters (such as Luck Monkey) so have less projectile spam in turn for higher damage per hit. LM’s smilies, for example, are a bit distracting when so many player’s are playing.

Thanks again for all of your help and keep sharing with everyone you know! It really helps me out in the long run. 🙂

SlycatSlycat
    Participant

Now that i think about it, You would really only need the party room, I think that the sheer number of players in the game would make it worth streaming, Whatever number maximum clients your game can handle smoothly in one room should be the player cap, I have seen many streamers (even vinesauce ones) play games worse than AR just because it has multiplayer rooms that can handle many people, take sanic ball for example. Ill get my vinesquad to email one of the streamers if you can incorporate a party room into the game, What will happen is that the streamer will start playing, HUNDREDS of people will get on to try to join his room, and a percentage of those users will stick around and play on their own time, One of the problems with the game now is that the player-base inst very large, making it hard to find co-op rooms with many people, But i think that this idea will be a great fix to that.

MetlmetaMetlmeta
    Keymaster

What do you think would be a good number for a party room? Because of the attack effects and relatively small screen size, it can get pretty hectic quite quickly even with 6 players. Do you think increasing the room cap to 8 players would suffice? We’d need to test it out, of course.

That said, I’d greatly appreciate your help in attracting new players. I’m working on an attack improvement system at the moment so players will have more to do in games via unlocking small upgrades. I think that will really encourage players to stick around. Keep your eyes open for 2.0.9!

I’m always in Discord if you feel like chatting. 😀

SlycatSlycat
    Participant

The maximum the game can handle without melting, Once it starts being streamed, many viewers are Going to want to participate, i think the hectic aspect of the sheer number of players in many games adds a new dimension of entertainment, Maybe inside of the party room, most of the sfx from moves are disabled or become translucent so you can still see what you are doing. The goal here is to make it so you can cram the maximum number of players into one room without the game-play breaking down completely It might be a stretch but i’m thinking anywhere from 15 to 20 player cap minimum, with bosses that have much higher health, there is not really any deadline so we have a while to make changes and test and whatnot

SlycatSlycat
    Participant

I am loving the new improvements that the game has undergone as of late. The soul forge was a creative solution to the problem of giving players incentive to keep playing. Now that that is fixed, the only thing left to do to make this game a hit when streamed is to try to implement a party room. The hard part is testing it BEFORE we suggest it to a streamer, with the limited number of people that even know about it at this point, I don’t know how many people we would be able to muster up in one room at once. but the big question is, from a sheer processing power standpoint, what would be the maximum number of people you could put in one room before you think it wouldn’t be stable for the game engine to handle anymore? Disregarding not being able to see, or too many things running around at once, just the maximum number of people in one room you think the server and client can process before it becomes laggy. Of course as I said, you could always turn sfx off or less opaque to mend some of the client side lag, but my main concern is what the server can handle as well as client crashes. if we could find that number, you could just keep subtracting from the player cap 1 by 1 until it becomes stable again and then bam. Of course, only one party room open in all the servers at one time. Maybe we should organize a time where we can try to get as many people who play this game on at one time to test it in some type of “beta room” with a high playercap to test server and client capabilities that you open up temporarily before it is officially added into the game. I believe that once this is finished, we could suggest it to a streamer and viola, an instant hit.

MetlmetaMetlmeta
    Keymaster

It’s really hard to tell how many players a “party room” could have before the client lags too badly since client lag is entirely dependent on the player’s computer. The game server handles all of the rooms at once anyway, so I don’t think that the server would care if all of the users are in one room or many rooms. I’ve noticed some players have lower FPS even in a 6 person room due to their lower computer specs and the fact that the game runs 60fps.

Before implementing a party room mechanic, I would like to look further into improving the general game speed by implementing something known as GPU acceleration. This would make better use of player’s graphics cards and should greatly improve game speeds. It’s going to be a big project, but I believe once I implement GPU acceleration the game will run much smoother and we’ll be able to have more sprites (players, effects, etc…) on screen at once without slowdown.

I’ve been spending my time working on the new Character during the week and then bug fixes and smaller projects on the weekend. I think I’ll now start to focus my weekend hours on getting a GPU build to work instead. I’ll be sure to keep you updated on my progress!

SlycatSlycat
    Participant

Alright, sounds great, I’m exited for that new character as well :3

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. Learn more.

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close